Sunday, March 20, 2011

Make a Difference

I have been talking about starting a clothing line for some time, and two important attributes it needs to have are eco-friendly and charitable.  I am not a huge eco person by any means, but I do think it is important to think about the world we live in and do what we can to help it.  The outfit below is styled with items that also think about our world....

I started with a necklace from Falling Whistles.  Falling Whistles is a campaign to bring peace to Congo.  Read their story here and be sure and buy a necklace! The next piece I added was a pair of TOMs shoes.  For every pair of TOMs you purchase, a pair is donated to a child in need.  Read more about TOMs here. Stella McCartney is one of the few big designers out their that is making an effort to be more eco.  I love her organic cotton cross-body purse.  The tee is recycled cotton from James Perse.  I was pleasantly surprised when I stumbled upon this....you go James Perse!  Some people may argue with me about the Joe's pants.  But did you know that bamboo is A. Organic B. The most abundantly sustainable and renewable resource in the world C. Able to grow almost anywhere D. Able to prevent soil erosion E. Naturally anti-microbial AND F. Biodegradeable?! Nuff said.

Now go ahead and buy, wear, love, and repeat =)

purse and top: saks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment