Thursday, December 22, 2011

If I vacationed here...

If this were my country escape away from my bustling city life, it would be nestled in the Australian countryside.  I'd come here annually to work on my book about the perils of dating in your 20s in today's society.  After spending the year gathering my data from bad dates, good dates, horrible nights at the bars with the girls, and all the other terrors that filled my year, I would run to this little cottage to refresh and recharge.  Obviously if I needed further research, the nearest town wouldn't be too far for me to skip to and grab a local brew.  After we close down the pub, locals would sometimes come back to hang out, play music, and dance around a late night bonfire...and there would always be some resulting great story from these wild nights.  During the day I'd go horseback riding, snorkeling, sailing, bike riding, and anything and everything out in the sunshine.  After my month or two of almost solitude and over-soul-searching, I'd make the grueling trip back to Los Angeles to my real life job as a book editor.  Rested and ready to take on another year of the single life in the la la land of eternal singledom, I would make my first stop at Barneys....

No comments:

Post a Comment