Friday, August 19, 2011

My Fall '11 Dream Buys

I have been working on this post for weeks now, and I am so excited that it is finally done! There were some items that I knew I wanted to include, but then there were somethings that were just too good to exclude. 

Here's a little reasoning...

  • L'Wren Scott:  First of all the colors on the dress were on my check list. Mint + Navy. check! Second, the shape and fit lends itself to a million different events you can wear this to: weddings, work parties, cocktail parties, etc.
  • Martin Grant:  Maxi dress is a must get.  But this one I think is simple yet different, and also versatile...dress it up or down!
  • Stella McCartney:  You can never have too many LBD's.  And adding a new one each year is kind of an awesome idea in my book.  This one is fantastic and polka dots are gonna be huge this next year!
  • Monique Lhuillier: Red.Red.Red!  As you can see a.)I like a lot of red items from fall, but b.)Red is a major player this fall.  I am sure I'll need a gown for a Christmas formal wedding....not
  • Erdem:  I'm a sucker for tye dye....and this is A LOT of tye dye!  Black tie wedding fo sho....or a red carpet if I can sneak on to one...
  • Proenza Schouler:  I like this for a "holidays" dress.  Gotta throw a little velvet in your fall attire somewhere, and Christmas time is just begging for it.
  • Jill Stuart:  I'd wear this baby to work, brunch with friends, everywhere.  Looks really comfy.
  • Jason Wu:  There are times when we need to dress a little more conservatively...a la work Holiday party or grandparents anniversary party.  I'm betting this would be a rad jacket as well.
  • Fashion East:  I'm just in love with this dress. Rodeo dress #1
  • Matthew Williamson:  Rodeo dress #2
  • Givenchy:  This whole line really fascinates me.  Kind of like you love it, but don't understand why.  This jacket is the exact shape of my middle school jacket that I wore for pretty much my whole 3 years and into high school....except that this one has been dipped in panthers and trimmed in tassel rope. 
  • Kinder Aggugini:  To be honest I have never heard of this designer, but I enjoy this jacket.  Great pop of color when you need it.  I am really lacking a bright fun jacket in my wardrobe.
  • Jaeger London:  Mix of texture is pure wonderfullness.  You can wear this jacket anywhere.
  • Burberry:  Ok white jackets are probably not the most practical....but on clean occassions, this is my pick!
  • DKNY:  I love a red plaid for fall...and this is such a great little jacket
  • 3.1 Phillip Lim:  If you do anything this fall, you must get something with leather sleeves. MUST
  • Balmain: Love me a mini skirt....and all sparkly and sequined, that's just a bonus
  • T by Alexander Wang:  This line is super comfy, and this dress would be great for layering up and boots and socks galore.
  • Issey Miyake:  Chevron prints are pretty popular at the moment...more so in home than on person, but it's only a matter of time!  And the fact that it is a vestish-dress....likey.
  • Karen Walker:  Minus the beanie I would dominate this outfit.  Dominate.
  • Bodkin:  I have an extra soft spot for this label since they have tried to work with my company.  That aside, I could live in this sweater all winter.  Actually the outfit kinda rocks too.
  • Max Azria:  Leather pencil skirt. period.
  • Band of Outsiders:  Jacket. please. Boots. por favor. Pants. possible. Shirt. Yup!
  • Rag&Bone: I am seriously addicted to this label.  And I want this outfit...not just cuz it reminds me of Clueless....but because it means I can finally look like Cher...but better!
  • Peter Som:  I have no fancy pants. None.  And these want me to wear them on New Year's, so I will gladly oblige.
All photos from style.com


No comments:

Post a Comment